Should this not be an error ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat May 9 20:37:13 EDT 2009

Alex-

Saturday, May 9, 2009, 5:10:44 PM, you wrote:

> I accept that for 'chr'  (though I wonder what  "the last myVar of temp"
> means) ?
> But for the other example, I don't get it. Why is
>>     if the last line of t is empty then delete line -` of t
> affected by variable checking ?    Is ` a variable name ?

> Oops - just tried it and it  *is* ?  I am amazed :-)
> Is there anywhere defined the set of characters that can be used in a
> variable name ?

Not that I know of. I was also surprised that ` was allowed. But

put 42 into `

is a valid statement. It seems like more of a parlor trick than
something that could be turned into a clever hack. And I also think
it's a bug resulting from the ` character's place in the ASCII table.
I notice that @ and _ and ? are also accepted as variable names.
That's just wrong. You can hurt yourself playing around with these
things.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net