e: Why Rev needs a cookbook ?

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 9 13:50:21 EDT 2009

Hi from Paris,

I never invented a single thing - this I left to the
real brainies. However, I inspected, copied,
extrapolated, USED (unashamedly) other peoples code,
and turned it to my advantage.

So learning Revolution was not, and is not, my
problem. There is so much brilliant code flying
around on RevOnline, and on the forum, that
I could never analyse it all and use it well.
Of course, perhaps the "Newbies" could benefit
from a little help in some of this code
(there is quite a lot of code that I still cannot
get my head around !)

My problem is elsewhere.

I have never written a line of HTML, have never
written commands to access, upload, download,
FTP, anything to or from the Internet. I have 40 years
of programming expertise, and I don't know where
to start off writing code for my Internet sites, or how
to put them in place (I have detailed plans for 3 sites
and nowhere to go as yet !). I feel that using Rev code
inside HTML code could be an enormous benefit to me.

I have just lashed out $500 for an On-Rev access,
feeling in my bones that it was the right thing to do
....... and I don't even know where to start .....

Maybe the little blog written by André Garzia will
help me to "lift-off".

Cook-Books - Certainly - But what to put in them ?

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"