Another newb question - How to you clear a field?

Stephen Cox stephen at networkxfla.com
Fri May 8 16:08:34 EDT 2009

The biggest problem I am having is figuring out what to search for. The
language is so unique. So take my question about emptying a field. Be easy
in an OOP language: empty(Text_field.text) - or something to that effect.
So I would search on "empty" and get tons of info on the function and
various examples.. AND user comments.

Now in Revolution it's also easy but completely different then any of
language. So I search the Dictionary on "empty", got nothing; then "Text
Entry Field", got nothing; then asked here.

I'm not harping on Revolution. I like it. It's just different from anything
else on the market. So a FAQ that shows JAVA or C syntax alongside
Revolution would be a god-send. Just some common functions and procedures.
The manual is good, but has no reference to other languages. It would help
get my head out of OOP into Revolution.