Launching an app with a doc in XP

Jack Rarick jrarick at hpsk12.net
Fri May 8 06:19:40 EDT 2009

Thanks all in advance - as always.

My stack writes a text file with the names of avi files that is saved as a .wpl file. It is actually pretty cool.

But then I want to start Windows Media Player from the stack and have it use the .wpl file.

My question - on Windows 2000 I am able to use "Launch myAviFileList.wpl with windowMediaPlayer.exe and it all works great. It DOES NOT in XP.

And .. in XP I am able to use the shell function: get shell("start MyProgram.exe") and start the player but I can't figure out how to have it use my .wpl file that my stack wrote.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Jack Rarick
Braintree Athletic Systems