First look at Service USB gadget

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon May 4 01:42:23 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM, <DunbarX at aol.com> wrote:

> Almost anyone could create an alarm system, a light show or the like with
> radio shack components. You need hobby level electronic know-how to do
> anything really cool, but your Mac can completely control the world. It is
> hardware I/O for the rest of us.
>
> For a lot less money and more capability you might want to check out one of
these (you'll need advanced hobby level electronics know-how):

http://www.modtronix.com/product_info.php?cPath=105_112&products_id=149

If that's a little too hard for you and you wish to stick with hobby level
electronics know-how, then adding this expansion module is still cheaper:

http://www.modtronix.com/product_info.php?products_id=198

What I like is it's ethernet based, although there other options. As such
you can control things at home from the office and don't necessarily need
Rev, you can do it with a web browser :-) Check out the example they have
hooked up to the internet, you can turn it's ports on and off from your
browser.

Now that's cool and cheap :-)