Dumb Newbie Questions -- 3 of N

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun May 3 05:19:54 EDT 2009

Mind you . . .

The only real reason I can see for using a custom property as opposed
to an 'on the fly' variable is that a custom property is non-volatile.

The only real reason I can see for using a custom property as opposed
to a field is that everything moves just that much faster.

So, until I feel the need to write a stack/standalone that churns its way
through buckets of indigestable data at high speed I shall probably go
on in my own reactionary fashion with off-screen fields.

If one wishes to view a property as a container containing a value, as
well as viewing objects as containers then the container metaphor is
still valid, although, like anything else, is probably not endlessly
extensible. Once pushed to its reductio ad absurdam (which may be
nearer than we all realise) its weaknesses will show up.

Russian dolls, Russian dolls, Russian dolls . . . [ matrioshki ]

Ugh, back the paracetamol and the ginger tea. However, a dose of
influenza does have the saving grace that it gives one bags of time for
the sort of introspective thinking these sort of discussions require.  :)