Save Data to stack inside Standalone - Broken?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun May 3 19:05:30 EDT 2009

Marty Knapp wrote:
> I just threw together a program with a substack, set the Standalone
> settings for the substack to to moved to individual stackfiles &
> create folder for stackfiles (named mine "MyResources) and it saved
> the data in the substack just fine. This is on Rev 3.5 and Mac 10.5.6

In this case the stack is not a substack, but an external stack... but
it should not make  difference.
but to test I just now tried using the add stack files feature, picked
the "lexicon.rev" and ran the standalone build. The option to set a
folder was not available. it took a really long time to build for some
reason. The lexicon.rev stack has about 3400 cards but is only 1.2 MB in
size. Why iut should take 4 minutes to build is a mystery.

At any rate, the build was successful, but in the end, the layout for
the stack position was just the same as manually placing it into the
/Contents/MacOS/ folder. Rev standalone builder just put the stack in
the package, same place as you see below.  Also I get the exact same
error... it will not save. the result returns

save stack "Lexicon"

the result:

"stack does not have a filename"

(see other post on this)