Re-5: libeay32.dll error with standalone

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Mon Mar 30 11:34:54 EDT 2009

Hi Matthias.

> > I believe, if you A. Remove SSL & Encryption from your Standalone
> > Application Settings or, B. Build your standalone with Studio,
> Revolution
> > will not look for these libs.
> >

> Thanks for your reply, but I am really sorry to dissapoint you. ;-)
>
> But both suggestions do not work.
>
> A. Although without SSL Library selected in Standalone settings (i
> manually selected only Answer dialog and none library) the standalone
> looks for the libeay32.dll and tries to load it. Because it only finds
> the 64 bit one, windows creates this error message.
>
> B. Even the standalone created with Studio 3.0 does so.
>

> To avoid such messages at the customers side, i have to include the
> libeay32.dll with my standalone. No other way, at least until now.

Hmmm... Maybe this is Windows 64 issue?

Because I responded to both you and tested and responded to a: *Can anybody
HELP!!* post that required I build a Standalone of a stack with only an
answer button in it in a protected 3.0 stack, I was able to quickly test.

1. I shut down Rev apps I use that I know use encryption.
2. I renamed libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to _libeay32.dll and
_ssleay32.dll in my Windows\System32 directory (where I decided, two-years
ago, to stick them).
3. I did a search of my hard drive for other copies of these files. There
are none.
4. I ran the programs that require these libs. They crashed all over the
place!
5. OK... the libs are missing.
6. Confirmed that the EXE that I created to test an Answer command in a 3.0
stack and locked Standalone build does not have these libs where they MUST
be, which is in the root directory or the EXE or in the IDE, it's root
directory, or in the System32 directory.
7. Ran that EXE. It worked fine.

This was all tested on Windows Vista Home Premium and Rev 3.0.

Do you have the ability to test on a 32-bit Windows system? If not, send me
you app off-list and I will test here.

Now I need to reconfigure my system again, so that the apps I run daily
don't crash. ;-)

Aloha from Hawaii

Jim Bufalini