Only supported on some platforms . . .

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 10:52:58 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Richmond Mathewson <geradamas at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Now imagine an 'alarm system', 'error trapper', call it what-you-will,
> that every time one uses a term that does not function on all the
> platforms RR can deliver

I'm sure a prolific quick hack utility stack producer like yourself should
be able to whip something up in no time ;-)

Go to Rev Online, use lankc and download LegaCX26 - I believe you're on 2.6,
if not LegaCX30. Play with it so you can see what it does, which is as you
listed above, plus a few extras. The big problem is that it does it for
every script in an entire stack so it's slow for your intended use. So open
it up, remove all the outer repeat loops that are used to extract every
script of every object of every......... so that all you are left with is a
script that will process a single script. The tricky bit for you will be to
figure out how to throw it into a backscript so it will trigger every time
the Enter button is pressed when the Script Editor is open.

IMO slightly more useful in that you can configure it so if you don't intend
to develop a stack for Linux, it wont keep telling you you are using terms
that aren't supported by Linux.

As a bonus it can be set to tell you if you are using Rev terms more
advanced than your intended target Rev version.

As a double bonus, terms which are no longer supported on any OS will be
correctly identified - I believe you recently discovered these 45 odd
entries which are there purely for compatibility with HC/SC etc and are
basically obsolete and shouldn't be used.

Look forward to RichTermCX ;-)