Tags in dialog boxes and the command: resetAll

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Sat Mar 21 09:11:16 EDT 2009

Hi Scott,

> I have to say this again, it drives me flippin nuts that I cannot use
> the
> answer dialog to view raw tagged code any more.  Any time a string with
> tags
> is answered, the dialog automatically tries to render them.  What if
> one
> doesn't want this?  What if one wants to debug some lines of HTML or
> XML?
> The code has to be dumped into a field or similar.
>
> There should be some means to "answer" raw tagged code without
> rendering.

I have to say I've always considered this a great "feature," which was added
in I forget what version of Rev, but not too long ago (my sense of time can
be warped sometimes ;-).

As to "raw," I have a stack called Dialog, which I add as a substack to
anywhere I need this or custom dialog. It has a Prompt field and OK, Cancel,
buttons, etc. So for raw, I put into the field Prompt and go stack Dialog.
For formatted, I put into the HTMLtext of field Prompt. Probably not the
most elegant solution, but it works.

This said, I agree, it wouldn't hurt to have a "raw" flag added to
answer/ask. But, you know, no matter what RunRev adds to answer/ask, someone
will always need "more" or "different." So why not roll your own? ;-)

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini