illegal creativity?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Fri Mar 20 21:01:03 EDT 2009

Randall,

Companies tend to see anyone who makes money in any tangential way to
their own as competition. Good luck breaking EULAs and assuming that
the authors will just see you as value-added. More likely they sue you
out of existence first, and then decide if they want to recreate your
tool for themselves. Or "acquire" you for a bargain price in exchange
for not suing.

I'm not saying what you describe has never happened, but going in with
that cavalier attitude is generally going to get you in trouble.
'Never let a case like this go to court' you say... I think you vastly
underestimate the litigious nature of the corporate world.