[ANN] I have a confession...

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Mar 19 01:48:05 EDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 1:12 AM, Kay C Lan wrote:
> http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=17554
>
> My initial thoughts would be to work with the listed Documents, not
> Applications. Have the user set the Recent Document to a reasonable
> number.
> By sorting chronologically you should be able to remove any files
> that were
> opened the day previously, unfortunately if it's set to 20 and he
> opens 20
> files and closes 10 of them on the same day, when he starts again
> it's going
> to open all 20 :-(

This tip is very helpful! Some nice applescript on that web page.

By getting the list open apps and then running the following script
(substituting app names from my list of open apps) I can get currently
open file names (no paths). I can run the list of current files with
one of the scripts on that web page you refer to and also get the
pathways to those files.

tell application "System Events"
	get name of every window of application process "Preview"
end tell

This works great for Recent Items but falls down when trying to get
some apps & files, such as Microsoft Word docs. They use a different
system.

Thanks!

sims

sims at ezpzapps.com