HC Music that should be on Runtime Revolution

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 18 18:01:20 EDT 2009

Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> Adobe Director costs $999 (whether that is only single platform or for
> both Mac and Win is not clear)
>
> Runtime Revolution costs $499
>
> about half the 'hit'.
>
> No, I don't; but some people on this use-list seem unaware of what
> it takes both in terms of money and work to build in all the
> additional stuff.
>
> However, I didn't point out that Director could do this because I
> wanted RR to do this: I pointed it out so you could see what
> 'truly cross-platform' meant :)

How much is Director for Linux?

Or does "truly cross-platform" mean something else? :)

Also, look at the number of system messages you can respond to in
Director vs. Rev.  Both are cross-platform tools (well, if we ignore the
third platform <g>), but each has a very different focus.

Exercise for the reader:  write a script editor in Director (heck, try
writing any good text editor in Director).

Then try animating multiple looped sprites in Rev.

Drive nails with a hammer, tighten screws with a screwdriver, but hammer
nails with the back end of a screwdriver at your own productivity risk. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World