HC Music that should be on Runtime Revolution

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Mar 17 11:16:40 EDT 2009

Hi Colin,

> On Mar 17, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Klaus Major wrote:
>
>> This VERY old trick does not count as "playing internal files in a
>> player object"!
>> Sorry you're out :-D
>
> I don't feel bad, having worked it all out for myself, without
> knowing that it was an old trick!

Sorry, did not mean to offend you at all!

> But what counts as an internal file? If it's really internal data,
> it's not a file.
> Do you mean files that you include when making a standalone?

I mean everything that is INSIDE of your stack(s) like imported images
or imported sounds/movies
or even movies or sound stored into custom props or fields.

That's the problem, you cannot play any internal sound or movie in a
player object, without "spitting"
it out to a file first...

> Are those really not playable?

You can "play" internal sonds/movies but we are talking about using a
player object!

> If I can get those to play, would that count as a new trick?

YOU BET! :-D

Best

Klaus

--