My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:45:46 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:

> Judy wrote:
>
>> But for how many years have we all bought, and CONTINUE to buy into the
>> rationale that 'it can't be done on Windows"?
>>

> Just to clarify, I'm not hearing anyone saying that it's definitely not
> possible on Windows today.

--Really?  'Cause I could swear that I just heard Jacque say it maybe wasn't
so easy... implying not so possible.   And I didn't see ANYBODY other than
Scott Rossi say otherwise.  And this isn't a dig against anyone.

--Here's the thing:  Some people here don't really give a flying fig about
audio handling because they don't need it. I get that. I'll wager you don't
need it even though you publicly and honorably support the third-party
development of an external to support it.  I'll go further and wager that
anybody who's arguing against the implementation of sound channels and
scripted sound do so because *they don't need it*.  They want regex.  Or
multiple-dimension arrays (for which I have myself pushed, even though since
their introduction I've not used them once).  Or whatever. I could probably
name a long list of people for whom that's the case; probably nearly
identical with the list of people for whom image-handling isn't terribly
important, the same people who privately grumble that Rev now supports alpha
transparency channels and image rotation (sorta, kinda) and gradients and
windowshapes and the like.  These are probably the people want to do data
processing and that's it; or they want to make the next great word processor
and that's it...

--Me personally?  I couldn't give a flying fig whether or not diacriticals
can be handled in the script editor as my language doesn't require them.  I
don't need them; why should I care?  But, in truth, that doesn't mean I'm
willing to sit by idly when other Rev users have a real problem that affects
their use of the product.  I support other users and their problems and hope
that the feeling is mutual.  I don't personally need unicode either.
 Handcount, anyone?  Yet I still would urge the company to make their
product unicode-compliant.

--Not having modern audio handling capacity is likely costing the company
users.

Judy
http://revined.blogspot.com