My BBC Master - - - getting Beeped-off.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 11 14:15:20 EDT 2009

Judy wrote:
> But for how many years have we all bought, and CONTINUE to buy into the
> rationale that 'it can't be done on Windows"?

Just to clarify, I'm not hearing anyone saying that it's definitely not
possible on Windows today.

As for the past, modern Win systems are very, very different from Win3.1
running Win32s, which was the minimum requirement for MC back then.

I'm not intimately familiar with the Win3.1 APIs (and I pity anyone
who's had to even look at them any time in the last 15 years <g>), but
it does raise the possibility that Raney was quite accurate about
limitations on such a system, at least in so far as his engine
interfaces with it.

All that said, we're in 2009 now so I look forward to seeing a
third-party externals author jump on this opportunity.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World