[HIRING] Looking for C/C++ coder for helping writting external with pthread support.

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Mar 9 16:59:48 EDT 2009

Hello List,

I think I've reach my C/C++ barrier and am in need of help. The
project is a web server external that will allow the creation of self
contained web apps much like SQLite and Valentina allowed the creation
of self contained database systems. My external is already working and
uses pthreads to multiplex server connections. It is able to serve
static files on it's own and even invoke CGIs and use SSL.

Right now, the external is Linux only (developing first on linux) but
it should be straight forward to port it to the mac and I think it can
be ported to windows thru minigw or some clever use of Visual Studio
(which I have no experience whatsoever).

There's one feature that is giving me a lot of trouble. I have a
callback mechanism that allows you to bind a Revolution message to a
URL so that wherever the URL is called, that function is triggered.
The problem is that this callback code is executed from a child thread
of the external and it seems that I can't call Revolution SDK routines
from there. So I need to call them from the main thread and this
probably means that I need to setup some kind of interthread
communication or some other way to make the call from there.

I am no C/C++ guru, so I've reached the point of I don't know what to
do. Right now, the binding occurs, I am able to record which message
and target to call and trigger the external side of the thing, what I
can't do is make the message execute on the engine.

I am prepared to pay for this since I want to make this external my
first selling product here. I think it has potential to create a whole
eco system of specialized servers to be used on lan or intranet
environment.

Anyone is interested in being paid to solve pthread issues? Or at
least looking at the source and checking if it is doable? Is the
mothership listening, is there special runrev consulting for external
writting or the pthread impaired?

Cheers
andre