does anyone know how to make a link in a web page launch a Rev app and pass parameters to it?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 19:30:58 EST 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Josh Mellicker wrote:
> There are links in web pages like this:
>
> http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=80616768&s=143441
>
> that will launch iTunes and send iTunes parameters (so iTunes knows
> what to display).
>
> I assume this is done by entering the app and this link protocol in
> some sort of system registry?

> Has anyone done this or know if it is possible with Revolution?

My guess would be that the MZStore.woa entity is a web objects app
running in Safari/FF/other that works pretty much like a php page,
uses AppleScript/System Events to activate iTunes on the originating
computer, then does the correct commands to do the downloading and
playing.

You could do the same thing with a Rev app, but I don't know how to do
the remote connectivity part.  The Apple developer site probably has a
couple sample scripts for this.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas