Playing Chess Variants???

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 03:18:41 EDT 2009

Looking "around" the Web it is possible to find 'Zillions of Games':

http://www.zillions-of-games.com/

for Windows,

and ChessV Universal Chess Program:

http://www.chessv.com/

which is supposedly Open Source (for which platforms is not clear),
but the URL is dead.

'Zillions of Games' (while having a cheesey GUI like something from
a Commodore PET) can be used to play all sorts of board games,
and, especially, chess variants.

HOWEVER, it is monoplatform (Wow, have I just termed a new word?).

I wonder of it would be possible to put together this type of
thing in Runtime Revolution . . . ?

While I'm here . . .

Wouldn't it be a good idea to shift all the Old revOnline stacks to
New revOnline (while still leaving them on Old revOnline as well) ?