[ON-REV] on-rev server and labelling directories "cgi-bin"

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:38:35 EDT 2009

Pushing the OT envelope maybe but...

Does the on-rev server treat subdirectories
and their contents differently when the
directory housing them is labelled "cgi-bin"?

In the directory linked to my domain name,
I've created a folder "cgi-bin" and then within
it created a folder "junkimg" with jpgs, as in:

kweto.net/cgi-bin/junkimg/a1008.jpg

However, when I try to access the images
inside "kweto.net/cgi-bin/junkimg/", I get
a 500 error.

The server error log too shows a 500 error,
plus these:

... script not found or unable to stat:
/home/kweto/public_html/kweto.net/cgi-bin/AnotherDir/index.htm
... attempt to invoke directory as script:
/home/kweto/public_html/kweto.net/cgi-bi/SomeOtherDir/

I've checked and fiddled with on-rev server's
cPanel "Password Protect Directories", but
no go.

Of course, I could just not use "cgi-bin"
as a label, but on my other webhost
account this is not a problem, and,
after I've moved everything from there
to on-rev, I'd like to keep the same