Rev cannot open my jpeg ? - but it is possible!!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jun 29 16:31:20 EDT 2009

Our resident image processing guru Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> I tried here (Windows XP) to import an image with a width > 5000 both to
> an image with its loclock set to true and false using the script below
>
> on mouseUp
>   answer file "Choose image file" with filter "*.jpg;*.png"
>   put it into tfile
>   put "binfile:" before tfile
>   put URL Datei into img "x"
> end mouseUp
>
> In both cases there were no problems. If the image into which the
> imported image is being placed has its loclock set to true, the wide
> image image will just adapt to the set image width of the accepting
> image. If not then the imported image is displayed with its full size -
> and you then scroll it if you like vertically and horizontally.

Very helpful, Wilhelm.  Thank you.  I don't know of anyone else in the
community who's done as much with image processing as you, so your input
on this is especially valuable.

Does this also address the issue on OS X?

Also, how can one obtain the original bounds of the image in order to
scale it proportionately?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World