Rev cannot open my jpeg ? - but it is possible!!

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Jun 29 16:04:29 EDT 2009

Jim Sims sims at ezpzapps.com had written on
Sun Jun 28,2009:

> On Jun 28, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Mike Markkula wrote:
>
> > I too wish wish wish Rev would remove the 4095 pixel width limit!
> > (there is no height limit) As is, its a deal breaker for any serious
> > app in the photography arena.
>
> The hindrance extends beyond the scope of photography.

I tried here (Windows XP) to import an image with a width > 5000 both to
an image with its loclock set to true and false using the script below

on mouseUp
  answer file "Choose image file" with filter "*.jpg;*.png"
  put it into tfile
  put "binfile:" before tfile
  put URL Datei into img "x"
end mouseUp

In both cases there were no problems. If the image into which the
imported image is being placed has its loclock set to true, the wide
image image will just adapt to the set image width of the accepting
image. If not then the imported image is displayed with its full size -
and you then scroll it if you like vertically and horizontally.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>