[OT] Something for the kids this summer.

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Sun Jun 28 17:34:42 EDT 2009

Anyone following this thread might be interest in a board game I
invented back in the 70s, that I named "Astro-Chess". It is a game
played by two, three or four players at the same time - in partners or
cut-throat. Played on a circular board about 30" in diameter with a
colorful, Astrological backdrop; each player has 18 pieces: Sun, Moon,
two Mercuries, two Venuses, one Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune
and Pluto and 6 nodes. In some ways it is much like conventional
Chess, but far more complicated to the point that it is a social game
with time to exchange pleasantries as the other players decide and
make their moves. The object of the game is to Eclipse the Moon; the
equivalent of a Check-mate. Several times I have considered making a
computer version of the game; particularly with the large color
monitors we now have. I did receive a design patent and copyrights;
mostly expired at this time. I sold some 500 sets in 30 states and 8
foreign countries. Lost my arse, but had fun and learned a lot!

Joe Wilkins