challenge to Kevin and Bill

David Bovill david at opntech.com
Thu Jun 25 10:08:59 EDT 2009

Thanks Kevin, good to know XML is there, and hope you can look at
prioritizing this 2-way JavaScript communication between web page and
plugin.

The reason for this is that the world of the web-app has already moved a
long way in terms of AJAX and Flash widgets living together and talking to
web services. Stand-alone Rev plugins that are not able to interact with the
AJAX based widgets on a page are always going to be second class citizens,
and not serious contenders in any development process.

On the other hand if a developer can use Rev to rapidly develop plugins
which talk to other developers work or to existing open source widgets (take
YUI widgets as an example), then a much stronger argument can be made for
developing widgets with a new plugin.
All of the web apps that i'm planning would want to sit on a page / enhance
the working of an existing AJAX application - that is they would provide
enhanced functionality. And of course we all get will some much more
impressive demos of RunRev based web apps :)