option click, control click, etc

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 06:31:34 EDT 2009

I bought my first Macintosh computer from Montgomery-Ward in
Carbondale, Illinois. I chose a Macintosh as my Mother's family
are McIntosh, and I don't have any relatives called "Windows". :)

All the ADB keyboards I ever owned: whether those bought in the USA,
Saudi Arabia or the UAE had 'Option' keys.

The keyboard that I bought with my G3 iMac in the UAE has 'Alt' keys;
as do all the USB Mac keyboards I have bought subsequently, whether
in the UAE, The British Isles, or elswhere.

So it must have something to do with either the Atlantic ocean or
hemispheres.