Allowing other users to access my cpanel on rev-online

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 24 07:00:03 EDT 2009

Hi from Brittany,

Thomas, Use cPanel File Manager to create a folder
that you will open to your other user. Then use cPanel
FTP Accounts to create an account for your user, and
specify that he has access to that folder only.

Download FileZilla and create a site with these
account details.
Tell your user to download FileZilla, and to create
a site with the same FTP account details.

Use FileZilla to upload your files to the specific
folder. Don't use ON-REV to upload your files,
especially if they are over a meg or two - it wasn't
designed for that.

In Filezilla, with 2 clicks, your user has access to
the files you put in this specific folder, and no other.

I use this system to make AIFF files of up to 60 MB
available to our sound engineer in LA - Works a charm !

If you want a detailed Word file of how to do all this
(I made it for the benefit of MY users), I can let you
have it off-forum.

Hope this helps

-Francis