moving multiple stacks - slight stutter

John Craig john at splash21.com
Wed Jun 24 05:48:22 EDT 2009

I saw rocketdock mentioned recently a couple of times and it's reminded
me of a small problem (more of an annoyance) I encountered.  I wrote a
dock using rev and used individual stacks for each icon to get the
transparency effect.  The stacks are lined up next to each other and
moved/resized as the mouse moves over them.  It's not totally obvious
from the video, but the 5th and 7th icons (stacks) move with a slight
stutter compared to all the other ones.  It always seems to be positions
5 and 7, even when switching the order of the icons around.  Any ideas
why this would happen? - each stack is a clone of an existing template
stack, so they all have identical properties.  Any tips / ideas appreciated.

JC

short video;
http://splash21.on-rev.com/temp/dock.html