Staying in Edinburgh

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Jun 23 15:36:25 EDT 2009

Hello Folks,
The time is drawing near for RunRevLive 2009. For those that live as far
away as I do (both geographically and economically speaking), two months is
near enough so that we need to start thinking about plane tickets, lodging
and the like.

The GBP to BRL (Brazilian Reals, the cutest currency ever, it comes in many
flavours, I mean colors) is 1 GBP = 3.2 BRL, which is better than I
though but still as expensive as it can be. The minimum wage here is 465 BRL
a month, so you see what I mean by expensive travels.

Since I am already spending a buckload of money in plane tickets to
europe, I rather stay a long time than a short one, so I am thinking about
trying to catch some of Edinburgh Festival and maybe stay for august. So I
am deciding where will I stay. With hotels such as travelodge starting at
GBP 89, staying for a month would require me to leave my liver and some
other good body parts at the cashier. I am considering staying in a Hostel,
there are hostels starting at GBP 9 per night, so that might be the key for
my month in scotland.

Anyone here decided where they will be staying? Any pointer or reference?

I am considering this place http://www.smartcityhostels.com/ it is not too
far from Dynamic Earth.

Also if anyone is arriving early and want to get drunk, I mean, share good
cross cultural moments over unspecified beverages, we should talk!

:D

In a final remark, what about the kilts?

Andre