Salivating . . .

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:20:40 EDT 2009

Gosh, suddenly Runtime Revolution goes from "fancified Hypercard" to
something far, far better. I don't quite know what I expected when I
logged in (late) to the Webinar; but was earliy enough to realise that
with version 4 RunRev is taking a quantum leap; and with revMedia
going to be FREE they should bite quite a chunk out of the legs of
Flash and Co.

And, a FREE beta of revMedia 4, complete with internet capabilities,
will be released next week:

1. will try uploading some of my EFL stacks for those of you who
     have nothing better to do . . . or for anyone out there who needs
     to keep some EFL kids occupied for a bit.

    I wonder if it is possible to just go from the original stacks to
    online versions with a "flick of the wrist"?  It IS going to be
    enormous fun!

2. the kids who were going to get dragged through my "Summer
     of Love" with Novell's antiquated free RR 2.2.1 on Linux will
    now be able to use the Linux revMedia beta, and then go home
    and download the Windows version onto their XP boxes . . .

    . . . Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah

    and that should stop those silly questions I always get about
    PPT, Flash, Shockwave, CC++ and Java.

And, for an 'exiled' Scot, the best bit of the Webinar was the sound
of birds tweeting outside RunRev's offices in Edinburgh!