Lost global variables when running on Windows (Sarah Reichelt)

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 23 12:26:53 EDT 2009

Hi from Brittany (yes - I am in the sunny part of France)

Sarah, Thanks for your late call. I really thought that
my question had gone unnoticed.

I can't see what has gone wrong. I set about 20 globals
in the openStack script, and refer to some of them in
a "Display Photo" script. All the globals are defined
correctly in both scripts. Some of the globals disappear,
and others don't. I have an absolutely standard folder
structure for all my stacks, making available Data folders,
Photo folders, MP3 music folders. I've never had trouble
moving from Mac to Windows.

Oh ! I pick up the system Drive ID (on the PC) with the
following command, so I can build all my file paths :

put line 1 of the volumes into GVPCDrive

It always worked before ..........

But I've just run my stack on the Mac under Parallels, and
I got a system Drive A instead of C. This would ruin all of
my file assignments, which I build by concatenating my
globals ! Must wait till I get back to Paris to look further
on my REAL PC.

Thanks for your suggestions.

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"