Datagrid Bug?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Jun 22 21:53:29 EDT 2009

On Jun 22, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Beat Cornaz wrote:

> Trevor wrote :
> .Is this a stock data grid with no code added or are there any of your
> .scripts that are processing data that is entered?
>
> It is a stock datagrid, with external scripts for retrieving the
> data. It has two label flds in the datagrid template, but they do
> nothing.
> I have set the labels of the columns and disabled sorting of all
> columns but 2. I used the following script, which is placed in the
> grp "datagrid 3"

Can you send me the stack off-list with a recipe for recreating the
problem?

> >Out o fcuriosity, what is the sequence of events that requires
> closing the
> >editor by script rather than waiting to save until the user presses
> >return/enter or focus leaves the field?
>
> Closing by script is a safety : after the user has entered data into
> the Datagrid, s/he goes back to the mainstack by clicking a button.
> If the user clicks this button without closing the last cell of the
> Datagrid (by pressing enter), then the script does that for her.

The field editor should close for you automatically at this point so
this shouldn't be necessary. The field editor will close on closeField
or exitField or if the data grid receives the closeControl message
(e.g. you navigate to another card).

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore