revert command

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 05:48:43 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 2:14 AM, jim sims<sims at ezpzapps.com> wrote:
> I'm experimenting with an updater mechanism.
>
> I have a splash stack which has a substack named stack "RT"
>
> On the splash stack I have a button with:
>
> on mouseUp
>  delete stack "RT"
>  go stack url "http://www.ezpzapps.com/RevertTest.rev"
>   revert
>   start using stack "RT"
> end mouseUp
>
> I can see the the downloaded version appear but once the revert command is
> done the old one comes back (its easy to tell the difference as one has an
> image of a pirate and the other does not).
>
> If I leave out the revert command the new version is open and in view, but
> does not become a substack of the splash.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Your script is saying:
- close the substack
- download a new copy of the substack from the web
- now go back to the original saved copy

As Mark says, you need to have the sub-stack as a separate file. Then
you need to download the new version and SAVE it - over-writing the
original. Once you have saved the new version in the same location,
the "revert" command will load in the new one, not re-load the old
one.

Cheers,
Sarah