Lost global variables when running on Windows

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 05:41:57 EDT 2009

> My SplashStack on my Mac calls my .rev file, and
> all the functions run perfectly, such as displaying
> photos from an external folder, whose name I hold
> in a global variable.
>
> I use my global variables to hold such things as :
> stackname, platform (so I know the PC system drive),
> intermediate folder names, and I build all my file
> paths by concatenation of these globals.
>
> When I call the same .rev file from the Windows
> version of the SplashStack, I find I have a handful
> of global variables MISSING. They are defined and set
> in the OpenStack script of the.rev called stack, and
> later on - they disappear.
>
> Are there any know problems concerning global variables
> from use on the Mac to use on the PC ?

I have had no such problems and with globals being such an intrinsic
part of the language, I can't see how they could be lost in any
cross-platform oddity.

The things that come to mind are:

are you positive that the globals are really being set in the first place?
is there an error in your openStack script that might stop these being set up?
if so, are the file paths translating correctly to Windows-type file paths?

Cheers,
Sarah