sorting advice

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:43:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Nicolas Cueto <niconiko at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How about:
> >
> > replace "."  with "/" in tNaiyo
> >  sort lines of tNaiyo ascending dateTime by word 2 of each
> > replace "/" with "." in tNaiyo
>
> Tried it and, no, doesn't sort as expected.

Please explain further.

Using the data you provided I got exactly the same result you wanted as
specified in your first post! If you got the right result for your example,
but a different result with different data then could you provide examples
of where the sort goes wrong so I can see how to account for the different
data.

On the other hand, if using the data you supplied you get a different answer
to the one you supplied then there must be a bug somewhere. Why would my
system correctly sort by dateTime and yours not. If this is the case then
either it's a bug with Rev, and should be reported, or a 'feature' of Rev
which needs to be noted; ie, on particular operating systems with particular
system languages the sort by dateTime may not work.

So we need to know why your sort doesn't work

Thanks