errorDialog, executionContexts, debugContext

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Jun 17 17:20:03 EDT 2009

Someone please educate me...

My current understanding of the debugContext is this: it provides access
to any context listed in the executionContexts and to no other contexts.
To access a context other than the current one, you set the debugContext
to the number of the line in the executionContexts that describes the
context you want to access. (And to return to the original context you
set it to empty.)

If this is true, then it apparently can't be used in an 'errorDialog'
handler to get info about variables in the code where the error
occurred. That's because the executionContexts gets reset to show the
'errorDialog' handler as the only context. It seems to work this way
whether the errorDialog handler is in the offending script or in a
different one further along the message path.

So my question is:
When 'errorDialog' is executed, is its <executionError> parameter (which
contains error description info) the only data that's available to help
us get at the cause of the error? I can live with that, but I would just
like to know. Or am I missing something?

Like I said, someone please educate me!

Thanks to all.
--
Phil Davis