The Reporting Problem

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 05:31:53 EDT 2009

Hi Peter,

I sympathise with you concerning the relative neglect of Linux as a
platform.  Does Quartam Reports not work on Linux?  I thought that Jan
was going to release a Layout Builder for Linux?

But by keeping your data tied to the card model, I think you are
limiting yourself.  From my understanding, you can certainly export a
CSV file from Rev and import that into a spreadsheet for further
formatting/analysis.  However, from your description of the complexity
involved in your current reporting, it sounds like you need a better
way to access and manipulate the data.  I think you would be better
served to keep your data in a SQL-database.  The aggregation/grouping
functions in SQL would easily manage the reports you describe.

What kinds of things are you wanting to do in your reporting that you
currently cannot do?

Bernard