strategies for non-horizontal text orientation

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 13 16:33:37 EDT 2009

> Message: 10
> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:22:36 -0700
> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> Subject: strategies for non-horizontal text orientation
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> I have a project which will need to present a grid layout in which the
> columns are narrow but will be identified with text labels.
>
> Ideally these would be at a 45-degree angle, so each could be clearly
> associated with the column they relate to but still be reasonably
> readable.  But at worst I'd accept a fully-vertical orientation.

Richard,

This is probably too much overhead for you but you can write text
along any path using (you guess it) Turtle Graphics.

Run

go url "http://www.jamesphurley.com/TextAlongPath.rev"

in the message window and look at the last card.

If this is an option, I can clear out the unnecessary baggage, i.e.
those TG commands not used for this particular application.

Jim Hurley