Remote database access: Update

viktoras d. viktoras at ekoinf.net
Thu Jun 11 13:16:26 EDT 2009

I am glad it helped! One handy option is to make a few copies of that
script each for different level of access. Eg. one q1.pl which allows
SQL SELECTs only, other q2.pl that allows UPDATEs and INSERTs, yet
another q3.pl which allows even more control over the database (DROPs,
CREATE's, etc). Just make sure passwords are different and the regular
expression in "unless" clause is updated with all the corresponding
suspicious  patterns to prevent:
unless ($q=~m/pattern1_to_prevent|pattern2_to_prevent|etc.../i)

All the best!
Viktoras