is putting a stack too far offscreen dangerous?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jun 9 15:41:22 EDT 2009

Recently, Josh Mellicker wrote:

> I have read of some developers putting stacks offscreen, or sizing
> stacks so they extend offscreen substantially.
>
> Are there dangers?
>
> I know if some OpenGL calls exceed the resolution of the video memory,
> crashes can result. Does anyone know if there is a limit to how far
> you can put a stack offscreen?

Don't think so.  Have used -10,000 without problem, but never really tested
if there is a limit.  The bigger issue is getting Rev to honor the
off-screen position, but then again, I do a lot with custom windowshapes, so
that might be part of it.  Would expect "normal" windows to be OK.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design