Setting up Enterprise

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Mon Jun 8 14:50:55 EDT 2009

I have a feeling the answer to this question will be so obvious I will
want to crawl under the rug if I get answers.  But here goes...

I have just become an Enterprise user, running Rev 3.5.0 OS X on my
MacBook and Rev XP on Parallels, a Windows virtual machine.  What is
the best way to work with both IDEs on the same project?  Is it best
to have two source versions, one on each operating system, and copy
non-OS-specific code back and forth?  Or is it better to have one
source, written in one IDE, that's tested and tweaked as needed on the
other?  Or is there another, even better way?

I've been compiling Windows versions from my Mac IDE for years, and
have needed only to run the Windows standalone to discover a few
formatting issues to be caught and corrected with if...thens in the
single source.  I anticipate there might be more complicated issues
ahead. ( It also turns out that ListMagic in the Windows standalone,
when its created on the Mac, thinks it isn't registered; there may be
other similar issues.)  I look forward to having both IDEs now, but I
want to be efficient and effective in using them!

George