Datagrid update cell

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Jun 8 14:04:00 EDT 2009

On Jun 8, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Josep wrote:

> After reading it, maybe using "on EditValue" I can store into a var
> the col
> x of row y so from the save button I get it and perform a selective
> batch of
> updates.
>
> Store the cols changed for every row and perform update at finalize or
> perform the update after EditValue?
>
> What you think about?

I would use CloseFieldEditor as that is triggered after the user
actually changes a value. You could perform the save to the db at this
point or keep a log of what changed and then perform a single update
later on.

You can determine the column edited in the CloseFieldEditor message by
checking the dgColumn property of the template. The CloseFieldEditor
example in the lesson passes 'the dgColumn of me' as the second
parameter. The line number would be accessed by 'the dgLine of me'.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems