Remote database access: How?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Jun 8 02:47:43 EDT 2009

Hi Tereza,

A host may not allow direct access to a database. You may indeed need
a CGI or PHP script, which I do by default nowadays. However, if you
can connect with Navicat, I'd expect you'd be able to connect with any
other tool, including your own. Haven't you forgotten to set the
password handling of the remote MySQL database to old style?

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
Snapper Screen Recorder 2.0.1 http://snapper.economy-x-talk.com

If you sent me an e-mail before 15 May and haven't got a reply yet,
please send me a reminder.