replaceText

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 15:41:23 EDT 2009

Funnily enough I've nev r used this before . . .

Tried your recipe and duplicated your error & more importantly:

I know why . . .

If you look in the Documentation under replaceText it shows this:

replaceText(field "Stats",return,comma)

while your

replacetext(fld id 1004, findWords, replaceWords, newWords)

has got more comma delimited items than the Doc example

BLAST; still doesn't work . . .

Although THIS DOES:

on mouseUp
  put "Hello world" into fld id 1004  --you seem to have forgotten this
bit  :)
  put "Hello world" into findWords
--put "Hello world" into replaceWords      what is this for ????????
put "Another Day" into newWords
  if fld id 1004 contains findWords then
  replace findWords with newWords in fld "fSTUFF"
  end if
end mouseUp

so, frankly, I wouldn't lose any sleep over replaceText,
although it does seem DUD.