replaceText

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Sun Jun 7 15:20:27 EDT 2009

The Rev dictionary shows the following two forms for replaceText,

replacetext("malformed","mal","well") -- returns "wellformed"
replacetext(field "Stats",return,comma) -- makes comma-delimited

Let's say I want to replace the text "Hello world" in fld id 1004
with "Another Day"

I put "Hello world" into findWords
I put "Hello world" into replaceWords
I put "Another Day" into newWords

then I use the line below,

replacetext(fld id 1004, findWords, replaceWords, newWords)

I get an error.  One thing that is confusing is I am trying to use
the 1st form of
replaceText which is,

replacetext("malformed","mal","well")

but this form does not designate the field the text to be replaced is
in so
I added it like it is shown in the 2nd form of replaceText.

What is the proper way to use replaceText since I keep getting an error?

regards,
-=>JB<=-