Array keys oddity?

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Fri Jun 5 11:36:14 EDT 2009

OK, just started playing with arrays, and as usual stopped cold after 5
minutes.

I have a card with a "field 1" and button containing the following script:

on mouseup
    put "" into fld 1
    repeat with y = 1 to 10
       put y & "-" & random(99)   into line y of tArray
    end repeat
    put tArray & return into fld 1
    split tArray with return and "-"
    put the keys of tArray   after   fld 1
end mouseup

The normal (not array) variable is as advertised. The keys always have the
form:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
9

It gets much worse if you increase the number of elements. Only if I limit
myself to nine keys is this OK; as soon as you get a two digit key, all hell
breaks loose. This has to be me and my understanding of what the keys
really are. I tried to make as accessable a first array as I could, and as usual,
well, anyway, I can't wait to see...

Craig Newman