revDatabaseColumnNamed

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Jun 4 10:32:09 EDT 2009

Hi

I am trying to store arrays (using arrayen/decode) in an sqlite
database, and then retrieve them later on. Unfortunately, It seems
that I am unable to get binary out of the database.

Things I tried:
       --always the same query, "data" should be a binaryencoded array
       put "select data from liveData where name=:1" into theQuery

       --using revdatafromquery (not recommended by docu)
       put revdatafromquery("","",databaseID, theQuery,"theName") into
theProp3

       --issuing revquerydatabase
       put revQueryDatabase(databaseID, theQuery, "theName") into x

       --using revDatabaseColumnNamed, no output variable
       --this is not recommended for binary data
       put revDatabaseColumnNamed(x,"data") into theProp2

       --using revDatabaseColumnNamed, with an output variable
       --this is recommended for binary data
       put revDatabaseColumnNamed(x,"data", "theProp") into x

       --test the data
       put theProp3= theProp and theProp2 = theProp

result= true
bvg= :-(

Note that doing arrayDecode on any of the prop-vars will result in a
runtime error.

Can anyone tell me how to store and retrieve binary data using sql,
without it being changed in between?

thanks
Björnke

--