OT: Rev to Flash translation

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Tue Jun 2 10:39:39 EDT 2009

On Jun 2, 2009, at 10:25 AM, George C Brackett wrote:

> Is there enough commonality between the two systems to hope for a
> relatively easy translation?  Or would a total Flash re-write be the
> only reasonable option?

They are as different as is possible, and it would be a rewrite. But
any kind of prototype to base the real one on is still useful. A Flash
prototype might still require a rewrite for the actual version.

If you're curious about specific differences, give me an example few
lines of 'Talk script, and I'll show you what the ActionScript 3
version would look like.