Contracted menuBar question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jun 1 17:25:31 EDT 2009

DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> Jacques.
>
> No. Hmmm. Maybe.
>
> If I set the editMenus of my stack to "true", the full, ordinary menubar
> appears. if I set it to "false" the contracted one appears. These are never in
> the stack window, rather only in the menuBar. I have no groups in the
> stack, and no extra buttons; that is, no object that might be this menu "object".
>

> But I must have fooled around early on, because the first menuItem in the
> contracted "file" menu, which should be "New" in a newly assigned one, reads
> "asaas". This must have been something I stuck in just to see a change in
> the text. So it is me, after all.
>
> But how do I eliminate, (or a la HC, reset), the menubar, if I cannot see
> it in the menuBuilder, and cannot find any group or button it is "in". All
> menus are buttons, right? I have exactly two buttons in the stack, and I can
> see both of them.

Weird. At any rate, when editmenus are true you should see the menubar
group in the stack window, so not sure why you don't. It may be
inherited from some other stack. But this may give some info when
entered into the message box:

put the menubar of this stack -- will tell you the group if there is one
set the menubar of this stack to empty -- remove it

If you do get a group reference to a menubar group, you can then delete
the group. You may need to use the "long name of grp (the menubar of
this stack)" if the menu is being inherited from somewhere else (any
substacks in your mainstack?)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com