Any thoughts on speed limitations of Revlet?

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Mon Jul 27 12:08:13 EDT 2009

On 27/07/2009 06:17, "James Hurley" <jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>   I restarted my computer and Voila, it is a whole new ball game. It
> runs much more smoothly--surprisingly well in fact. Don't know what
> happened with the restart.
>
> Only problem was I have to slow it down now. It ran much too fast.
> That was best done by adding another preference.
>
> Set the Fast/Slow speed to about 45 and the Short/Long roll to .998
>
> The new web url is
>
> http://jamesphurley.on-rev.com/NineBall2/test.html
>

> Note the 2.
>
> This resolves the Nine Ball app, but not the Rainbow app. In that app,
> the torch graphic breaks up as I drag it.
>
> Sarah: Should I report this and where to and in what form? The
> original RunRev desktop stack?

At least that stack is playing very well in my browser!

There is indeed a lot happening in the plugin with all the browser
communication going on. It is possible we will be able to optimize the
display somewhat by syncing what the browser is doing better with the
plugin. We've identified a number of possible optimizations and it will be a
question of what we can include in the first launched version. We'll be
looking at this as we progress through the testing process.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools