[runrev DOC] how does "parent scripting" or "behaviours" work?

Robert M. rman at free.fr
Sat Jul 25 22:44:55 EDT 2009

First.. I appreciate work being done by runrev, but I really point out how...
"strange" to my view their policy regarding documentation is... and when I
write "strange", I mean.. many other birds!

Precisely (once more..) I have been "charmed" by two articles mentionning
the new possibility of "parent scripting" a first step toward OO
programming.. BUT there seems to be NOWHERE to get PRECISE, FACTUAL, SIMPLE
DOCUMENTATION on that new feature...

SO maybe I missed THE INFO somewhere.. ? COuld we gather here the info we
collectively have? Have we users to set up somewhere a wiki-manual???

So in essence PARENT SCRIPTING seems easy

        set the parentScript of button "action" to the long id of
                     button "actionBehaviour" of card "Behaviours”

does put the long id in the last property at the bottom of the "basic
properties" inspector
so that clicking button "action" triggers script of button "actionBehaviour"

So I'll use that to make some CUSTOM CONTROLS
Have a ad-hoc card names "custom controls"
And i'll guess I'll put the original controls & scripts on a top line
and the ready to copy ones (with ref. to parentScripts) under the originals.

-- Any "good practice" hints and problems reports welcomed here to gather
the info.. thanks!

Cheers,
Robert